Additional Accommodation at Scoil Uí Riada, Kilcock, Co Kildare
D. Fallon Consulting Engineers (DFCE) have been appointed to the role of Civil & Structural Engineers by the Department of Education and Skills (DoES) to an Additional Accommodation scheme project at Scoil Uí Riada, Kilcock, Co Kildare.
The project consists of a new standalone 753m2 single storey extension to the north-west of the school. The extension will include 7 no. classrooms, 3 no. special education tuition rooms, ancillary spaces and associated drainage, pedestrian linkage & traffic siteworks.
DFCE are acting as part of a design team which included Demesne Architects (Design Team Lead & Architect), Delap & Waller Ltd (M&E Consultants), Gildea Surveyors (Quantity Surveyors) and Reddy Architects & Urbanism (PSDP).
Client: Department of Education and Skills (DoES)
- Civil & Structural Engineering Services
DFCE provided an optimal Civil & Structural design to the Client which maximised the ease, appropriateness and economy of construction whilst ensuring the end user & client requirements were satisfied.
DFCE tasks in this project included:
- Civil & Structural Engineering tasks per the DoES standard scope of services
- Design of the stormwater sewers, foulwater sewers and watermain serving the extension, including design of the attenuation/ infiltration system and interactions with Irish Water
- Civil & Structural design packages for planning, tender and construction stages to ensure works are built in accordance with Building Regulations. This includes substructure, superstructure & roof design.
- Periodic inspections during the construction stage to ensure compliance with applicable Building Regulations & design provided.