Residential Development at Cúirt Cheirin, Circular Road, Galway City
D. Fallon Consulting Engineers (DFCE) provided extensive multi-disciplinary services to this exclusive new development at Cúirt Cheirin, Circular Road, Galway City.
Cúirt Cheirin featured 17 no. luxurious detached homes, consisting of a mixture of 4/5 bedroom dwellings, located on serviced sites within the greater residential development.
The housing units featured the following:
- BER A2 Ratings
- Superior Views over Galway City
- Landscaped Gardens
The development was successfully completed in early 2020.
Client: Renaissance Property Limited
- Post-planning Architectural Services
- Civil Engineering Consultancy
- Structural Engineering Consultancy
- Assigned Certifier
DFCE provided a detailed design service to the Client, which maximised the architectural and structural efficiency of the housing units. The design provided for ease of construction for the appointed contractor, while still providing a high-quality finish to the client & end-user.
DFCE tasks in this project included:
- Ground investigation on the individual sites.
- Full Civil, Structural & Architectural packages for each house type. These packages were designed to ensure that all units are built in accordance with Building Regulations. This includes substructure, superstructure & roof design packages for each unit.
- Design of the stormwater & foulwater sewers to serve the houses, included the design of attenuation/ infiltration to serve the stormwater within each site.
- Periodic inspections of the build during the construction stage.
- Final sign-off for compliance with Building Regulations & Planning Permission for each unit.