Residential Development at Creig Árd, Roscam, Galway City
D. Fallon Consulting Engineers (DFCE) provided extensive multi-disciplinary services to this new development in Roscam, just outside Galway City. Constructed by OCC Construction Limited, Creig Árd is an exclusive development comprising 20 no. three and four bedroom homes. The project also included 17 no. one, two and three bedroom apartments and part of a 5-storey apartment block. The project included associated siteworks including:
- Foulwater and stormwater drainage
- Water supply
- Roads and footpaths
- Retaining walls
Client: Renaissance Property Limited
- Post-planning Architectural Services
- Civil Engineering Consultancy
- Structural Engineering Consultancy
- Assigned Certifier
DFCE provided an optimal design to the Client which maximised the architectural and structural efficiency. The design provided ease of construction for the contractor, while still providing a high-quality finish to the units in the development.
DFCE tasks in this project included:
- Ground investigation on the individual units.
- Design of the stormwater & foulwater sewers serving the houses and apartment block, including design of the attenuation/ infiltration to serve the stormwater on the site.
- Full Civil, Structural & Architectural packages for each house type, and Apartment block. These packages were designed to ensure that all units are built in accordance with Building Regulations. This includes substructure, superstructure & roof designs for each unit.
- Periodic inspections of the build during the construction stage.
- Final sign-off for compliance with Building Regulations & Planning Permission for each of the units.