Additional Accommodation at St Patrick’s Classical School, Navan, Co Meath
D. Fallon Consulting Engineers (DFCE) have been appointed to the role of Civil & Structural Engineers by the Department of Education and Skills (DoES) to a €4M Additional Accommodation Scheme project at St Patrick’s Classical School, Navan, Co Meath.
The project will include 6 no. General Classrooms, Science Laboratory, Home Economics Room, Textile Rooms, Technology Room, Technical Graphics Room, Associated Ancillary Spaces and Siteworks
DFCE are acting as part of a design team which includes Gaffney & Cullivan Architects (Design Team Lead & Architect), Semple & McKillop Consulting Engineers (M&E Consultants), McCullagh Lupton Quinn Quantity Surveyors (Quantity Surveyors) and Hayes Higgins Partnership (PSDP).
Client: Board of Management – St. Patrick’s Classical School Navan
- Civil & Structural Engineering Services
DFCE provided an optimal Civil & Structural design to the Client which maximised the ease, appropriateness and economy of construction whilst ensuring the end user & client requirements were satisfied.
Our delivery on this project included:
- Civil & Structural Engineering tasks per the DoES standard scope of services
- Design of the stormwater & foul water sewers serving the extension, including design of the attenuation/ infiltration to serve the stormwater on the site.
- Civil & Structural design packages for planning, tender and construction stages to ensure works are built in accordance with Building Regulations. This includes substructure, superstructure & roof design in an urban environment
- Periodic inspections during the construction stage to ensure compliance with applicable Building Regulations & design provided.
Project constraints included:
- Works within an existing busy school and campus, whilst minimising disruption to the operations of the facility.
- Extensive liaison with the Design Team and SPCS to accommodate seamless delivery of a complex and constrained project on time and within budget.