Assigned Certifier Services for DoES Interim Start-up Schools 2019 – 2022
D. Fallon Consulting Engineers (DFCE), as part of a wider Rogerson Reddan led Design Team, were commissioned by the Department of Education & Skills (DoES) to provide Assigned Certifier services for the construction of start-up schools nationwide as part of their start-up schools bundles.
In summary, the project comprised the establishment of multiple new interim start up schools (primary and post-primary). These were provided nationwide in either suitably refurbished existing buildings or in temporary prefabricated accommodation. These new start up schools will be based in the interim buildings/prefabs for a period of approximately 3 years until the new permanent schools are developed.
Client: Department of Education & Skills Planning & Building Unit/ Rogerson Reddan Associates
- Assigned Certifier Services
DFCE successfully delivered their services under intense time pressure, along with an integrated Design Team including Rogerson Reddan Associates (PMQS), Healy Partners (Architects), JAK Ltd & J.V. Tierney & Co. (M&E Consultants) and Barret Mahony Consulting Engineers (C&S Consultants).
The locations included in excess of 20 start-up schools nationwide, constructed by various modular contractors including Actavo, Castlecabin, Roadmaster, Cabinpac, Instaspace and Procon.
DFCE tasks on the challenging sites included:
- Management and coordination of Inspection Notification Frameworks
- Ongoing inspection for Building Regulation compliance
- Materials & Systems compliance coordination to ensure adherence to the Construction Products Directive
- Auditing designs for Building Regulation compliance
- Ongoing liaison with Building Control Authorities
- BCMS applications and lodgements, including:
- 7 Day Notice applications
- Fire Safety Certificate applications
- Disability Access Certificate applications
- Commencement Notice lodgement
- Lodgement and validation of Certificates of Compliance on Completion