Emergency Department at Mayo University Hospital, Castlebar
D. Fallon Consulting Engineers (DFCE) is providing civil and structural services to this prestigious development at Mayo University Hospital (MUH). The project is sited on a complex regional hospital site with significant logistical constraints. The project involves an extensive extension and refurbishment to the existing Emergency Department, the provision of a Medical Assessment Unit and also a CT Scan Suite building.
The project includes associated siteworks on an already heavily serviced site including:
- Foulwater and stormwater drainage
- Water supply
- Roads and footpaths
- Complex construction logistics as the ED extension is sited within an internal courtyard.
Client: Health Services Executive (Estates Department – West)
- Civil Engineering Consultancy
- Structural Engineering Consultancy
DFCE are providing full civil and structural consultancy services on this project in accordance with HSE scope of services.
A key constraint on this project is that the existing campus must be maintained fully live throughout the entire project, so construction logistics and phasing is a key characteristic on this busy and heavily serviced site.
Our delivery includes:
- Optimal structural design to the Emergency Department/ Medical Assessment Unit, including the provision for future vertical expansion to same.
- Management and coordination of extensive surveying of the existing site including topographical, underground utility, site investigation and drainage CCTV.
- Proactively participating as part of an integrated design team in the design of complex and critical healthcare infrastructure for the hospital.