Additional Accommodation at Scoil Pól, Kilfinane, Co Limerick
D. Fallon Consulting Engineers (DFCE) have been appointed to the role of Civil & Structural Engineers by the Department of Education and Skills (DoES) to an Additional Accommodation scheme project at Scoil Pól, Kilfinane, Co Limerick.
The project involves the construction of c.1200 sq.m single storey building adjoining the existing school building. The new accommodation will include nine classrooms, 2 no. preparation areas, staff WCs, student WCs and a disabled accessible WC. The associated siteworks will include 10 additional car parking spaces together with associated landscaping, drainage, and all associated site works.
DFCE are acting as part of a design team which included Healy Partner Architects (Design Team Lead & Architect), Geaney Engineering Consultants (M&E Consultants), Rogerson Reddan & Associates (Quantity Surveyors) and Integrated Risk Solutions (PSDP).
Client: Department of Education and Skills (DoES)
- Civil & Structural Engineering Consultancy
DFCE are providing full C&S design services in this project. The final design will maximise the structural efficiency of the structural structure, while achieving the requirements for the intended use by the end-user.
DFCE tasks in this project included:
- Civil & Structural Engineering tasks per the DoES standard scope of services
- Consultations with the local authority in relation to Traffic & Drainage deliverables.
- Co-ordination of ground investigation works & Topo/ UUS surveys within the site.
- Design of water supply, foulwater & stormwater infrastructure within the site. This will involve the design of on-site attenuation system(s).
- Design of all substructure & superstructure structural elements, including the foundations, structural frame & roof structure.
- Periodic inspections during the construction stage to ensure compliance with applicable Building Regulations & design provided.