Additional Accommodation at at St Mary’s Holy Faith Secondary School, Old Finglas Road, Glasnevin, Dublin 11
D. Fallon Consulting Engineers (DFCE) have been appointed to the role of Civil & Structural Engineers by the Department of Education and Skills (DoES) to an Additional Accommodation scheme project at St Mary’s Holy Faith Secondary School, Old Finglas Road, Glasnevin, Dublin 11.
The project consists of a new standalone 1123m2 multi-storey extension to the school. The extension will include 3 no. science laboratories, 1 no. art room, 1 no. home economics room and ancillary spaces aswell as associated drainage and traffic siteworks.
DFCE are acting as part of design team which included Quinn Barnwall Buggy Architects (Design Team Lead & Architect), Geaney Engineering Consultants (M&E Consultants), MJ Turley & Associates (Quantity Surveyors) and Chris Mee Group (PSDP).
Client: Department of Education and Skills (DoES)
- Civil & Structural Engineering Services
DFCE provided an optimal Civil & Structural design to the Client which maximised the ease, appropriateness and economy of construction whilst ensuring the end user & client requirements were satisfied.
DFCE tasks in this project included:
- Civil & Structural Engineering tasks per the DoES standard scope of services
- Design of the stormwater sewers, foulwater sewers and watermain serving the extension, including design of the attenuation/ infiltration system and interactions with Irish Water
- Civil & Structural design packages for planning, tender and construction stages to ensure works are built in accordance with Building Regulations. This includes substructure, superstructure & roof design in an urban environment with surrounding sensitive buildings.
- Periodic inspections during the construction stage to ensure compliance with applicable Building Regulations & design provided.