Blackrock Cottage Redevelopment Salthill, Galway City
D. Fallon Consulting Engineers (DFCE) provided civil and structural engineering services to the refurbishment of existing derelict cottage and the construction of a single storey extension, for use as a café and restaurant at Blackrock, Salthill, Galway. Works also include construction of a single storey detached building for use as a commercial building. The site will have pedestrian access onto Salthill Road via Promenade.
Ancillary siteworks, including modifications to existing boundary walls, landscaping, connection to existing services and associated siteworks include:
- Foulwater and stormwater drainage
- Water supply
- Roads and footpaths
- Landscaped retaining walls
DFCE are working closely with Sean Dockery & Associates (Architect/PM), TC Estimating (Quantity Surveyors) and EDC Engineering (M&E Consultant) on this project which is currently onsite. The development is scheduled for completion in late 2022.
Client: McHugh Property Holdings Ltd
- Civil Engineering Consultancy
- Structural Engineering Consultancy
DFCE provided an optimal design to the Client which maximised the Civil and Structural efficiency. The design provided ease of construction for the contractor, while still providing a high-quality finish to the development.
DFCE tasks in this project included:
- Ground investigation on the site.
- Design of the stormwater & foulwater sewers serving the development.
- Full Civil & Structural packages for the development. The package was designed to ensure that all elements are built in accordance with Building Regulations. This includes substructure, superstructure & roof designs.
- Design & detail of all internal & boundary site retaining landscaped structures which is a significant item due to the topography of the site.
- Periodic inspections of the build during the construction stage.
- Final sign-off for compliance with Civil & Structural applicable aspects of the Building Regulations for each of the units.