Kinvara Wastewater Treatment Plant, Kinvara, Co. Galway
D. Fallon Consulting Engineers (DFCE) were commissioned by Source Civil Limited (on behalf of Response Engineering Ltd) on this project. We acted as the Main Contractor’s civil & structural designers for this Design & Build project. DFCE had worked with Source Civil Limited in several similar projects in the past. The design team worked efficiently in achieving the Client’s brief in a cost effective & timely manner.
The project consisted of the proposed construction of a control building, RC pumping station, RC inlet manhole and several smaller elements. The site was located close to Kinvara town. DFCE’s specialisms on the project included design of complex aqueous retaining structures to Eurocode standard.
Client: Source Civil Limited
- Civil Engineering consultancy
- Structural Engineering consultancy
DFCE tasks in this project included:
- Design and detail of significant reinforced concrete elements on site (including the Pumping Station and Inlet Manhole). This included full design analysis, draughting and bar scheduling for significant below ground aqueous retaining tanks.
- Civil, structural and architectural design of the Control Building, including fulfilling the Assigned Certifier role.
- Preparation of detailed technical submittals for the Employer’s Representative’s review and comment, as part of the contractual peer review process.