Refurbishment at Connolly’s Pub Kinvarra
D. Fallon Consulting Engineers (DFCE) provided Civil and Structural services to the refurbishment work at Connolly’s Pub Kinvarra.
The refurbishment works involved a change of use for the existing first floor, from residential use to a restaurant with associated ancillary spaces. The second floor over same is to be removed and incorporated into the first floor as a double-height space, with the inclusion of roof lights. Material alterations will be necessary to the ground and first floor to accommodate a new access stairs and reconfiguration of the existing toilets and storage areas and all other ancillary works. Externally, there is proposed alterations to the building fenestration to accommodate the alterations and there will be new shop fronts provided at street level.
DFCE are working closely with ORA Architects (Architect/PM) on this project which is currently onsite.
The development is scheduled for completion in late 2022.
Client: The Great Rok Limited
- Civil Engineering Consultancy
- Structural Engineering Consultancy
DFCE provided an optimal design to the Client which maximised the architectural and structural efficiency. The design provided ease of construction for the contractor, while still providing a high-quality finish to the development.
DFCE tasks in this project included:
- Early stage opening up works on the existing building.
- Design of the stormwater & foulwater sewers to tie into the existing network.
- Full Civil & Structural packages for refurbishment works. These packages were designed to ensure that all units are built in accordance with Building Regulations. This includes substructure, superstructure & roof designs.
- Periodic inspections of the build during the construction stage.
- Final sign-off for compliance with Civil & Structural applicable aspects of the Building Regulations for each of the units.