Claregalway Sheltered Housing & Day Care Centre
D. Fallon Consulting Engineers (DFCE) provided full Civil & Structural Engineering Design services on this project which involved the construction of 14 no. two-bedroom single storey dwellings for vulnerable users, along with the construction of a new modern single storey Day Care Centre, to provide a place of socialisation for the elderly, socially isolated members of the community & those with dementia or other ailments that restrict their social interaction. The development is located at Cregboy, Claregalway, Co. Galway and was completed in 2021.
Client: Claregalway & District Day Care Centre
- Civil Engineering Consultancy
- Structural Engineering Consultancy
DFCE provided fully planning, tender & construction stage design services in this project. The final design maximised the structural efficiency of the residential units & Day Care Centre, while achieving the particular specific requirements for the intended end-user. The design provided for ease of construction for the appointed contractor, while still providing a high-quality finish to the client & end-user.
DFCE tasks in this project included:
- Consultations with GCC in relation to Traffic & Drainage Deliverables.
- Ground investigation works within the site.
- Design of internal roads, footpaths & all site retaining structures.
- Design of all substructure & superstructure structural elements, including the foundations, structural support members & roof design.
- Design of the water supply, foulwater & stormwater infrastructure within the site.
- Periodic inspections of the build during the construction stage.
- Final sign-off for compliance, of C&S elements, following completion.