Extension to Brampton Care Home, Oranmore
D. Fallon Consulting Engineers (DFCE) provided Civil & Structural Engineering Services, as well as Assigned Certifier services for this new extension project at Brampton Care Home, Oranmore, Co. Galway.
Brampton Care Home is a modern care facility located in the heart of Oranmore in County Galway. The building is a 4-storey former hotel, which has been re-purposed into a care home.
This phase of the project included fit out and renovation of the existing Ground & First floor to provide new care suites, day room facilities and therapy rooms. Works also included an infill extension at first floor level to provide additional accommodation, and selected site works.
The works were successfully completed in 2022.
Client: Brampton Care Home
- Assigned Certifier
- Civil Engineering Consultancy
- Structural Engineering Consultancy
DFCE provided full Assigned Certifier services on the project, including preparation of the Preliminary Inspection Plan & Notification framework, lodgement of Commencement Notice, Periodic inspections of the build during construction stage, to ensure full compliance with building regulations and BC(A)R.
DFCE tasks in this project included:
- Full Civil & Structural Engineering package for each floor of the works. These packages were designed to ensure that all floors were built in accordance with Building Regulations. This includes substructure, superstructure, infill structure design & roof design for the entire works.
- Preparation of Assigned Certifier documentation, including Preliminary Inspection Plan & Notification Framework and Design Responsibility Matrix
- Periodic inspections of the build during the construction stage
- Final sign-off for compliance with Building Regulations for the works.