Residential Development at Barr an Uisce, Ballybrit Road, Galway City
D. Fallon Consulting Engineers (DFCE) are providing full post planning Civil & Structural Engineering Design services, along with Assigned Certifier services on this Residential Development project. This project consists of the construction of 101 no. housing units, a mixture of semi-detached housing and apartment blocks located on the eastern side of Galway City.
Development is due for completion in late 2022/early 2023.
Client: Trean Meadow Limited
- Civil Engineering Consultancy
- Structural Engineering Consultancy
- Assigned Certifier
DFCE provided a detailed design service to the Client, which maximised the structural efficiency of the residential units. The design provided for ease of construction for the appointed contractor, while still providing a high-quality finish to the client & end-user.
DFCE tasks in this project included:
- Ground investigation works within the site.
- Full Civil & Structural packages for each house type & apartment blocks. These packages were designed to ensure that all units are built in accordance with Building Regulations. This includes substructure, superstructure & roof design.
- Design of the stormwater & foulwater sewers to serve the development, included the design of attenuation to serve the stormwater within the development site.
- Periodic inspections of the build during the construction stage.
- Final sign-off for compliance, of C&S elements, following completion.