Residential Development at Cois Srutháin, Ballyboughal, Co. Dublin
D. Fallon Consulting Engineers (DFCE) provided extensive multi-disciplinary services to this new residential development in Ballyboughal village, Co. Dublin. Cois Srutháin is an exclusive development comprising 27 units, consisting of 17 housing units and 10 apartments.
The project included associated siteworks including:
- Foul water and stormwater drainage
- Water supply
- Roads and footpaths
- Retaining walls
- Extensive flood risk mitigation infrastructure
- Gabion retention along an adjacent river bank
- Piled substructures
The development was completed in 2021.
Client: Montane Developments Limited
- Post-planning Architectural Services
- Civil Engineering Consultancy
- Structural Engineering Consultancy
- Assigned Certifier
DFCE provided an optimal design to the Client which maximised the architectural and structural efficiency. The design provided ease of construction for the contractor, while still providing a high-quality finish to the units in the development.
DFCE tasks on this challenging site included:
- Design of gabion construction along the banks of the river
- A complex stormwater solution which includes permeable paving, Bio-retention and Detention Basins
- A major foul water diversion
- A pedestrian bridge across the river
- An overflow culvert across Ballyboughal Bridge
- Significant construction management constraints due to its riverside location
- Culvert construction
- A piled substructure system
- Full civil, structural and architectural packages for housing units and apartment block. These packages were designed to ensure that all units are built in accordance with Building Regulations. This includes substructure, superstructure & roof designs for each unit.
- Periodic inspections of the build during the construction stage.
- Final sign-off for compliance with Building Regulations & Planning Permission for each of the units.