Sylane Hurling & Camogie Club Gym Extension/Renovation
D. Fallon Consulting Engineers (DFCE) provided extensive post-planning multi-disciplinary services to Sylane Hurling & Camogie Club, on their new development which consisted of construction of a c.350m² extension and renovation to the existing clubhouse building.
The development consisted of renovation to the existing clubhouse to provide a new gym area, and construction of a new extension to incorporate new Male & Female dressing rooms, Referee changing rooms, shower and WC facilities, meeting room, kitchen facilities, physio room, as well as vital equipment and storage space for the GAA club.
The project also sought to address the provision of universal access to the clubhouse, and provided for widened access doors, accessible WC’s and visitor facilities.
The project was successfully completed in 2022
Client: Sylane Hurling & Camogie Club
- Post-planning Architectural Services
- Civil Engineering Consultancy
- Structural Engineering Consultancy
- Assigned Certifier
DFCE provided a multi-disciplinary service to the client on this project, including full post-planning Civil, Structural and Architectural services, as well as Assigned Certifier and PSDP.
The multi-disciplinary delivery provided an optimal solution for the client, with DFCE acting as a single point of contact
DFCE tasks in this project included:
- Full Architectural Detailed Design of the new extension and renovation of existing building.
- Full Civil & Structural Detailed Design of the new extension and renovation of existing building.
- Development of existing planning package drawings to tender and construction standard packages, including detailed audits to incorporate building regulation, fire safety and disability access considerations.
- Periodic inspections of the build during the construction stage.
- Final sign-off for compliance with Building Regulations & Planning Permission for the building.