University Maternity Hospital Limerick – Neonatal Unit Extension (Phase 1)
D. Fallon Consulting Engineers (DFCE) provided Assigned Certifier Services to the University Maternity Hospital Limerick – Neonatal Unit Extension. The construction of a 375sq.m two storey extension linked to the main hospital at ground floor level, incorporating office accommodation, parents room, staff changing room and storage areas along with all ancillary and associated works.
Client: HSE Estates Department West
- Assigned Certifier
DFCE provided full Assigned Certifier services on the project, including preparation of the Preliminary Inspection Plan & Notification framework, lodgement of Commencement Notice, Periodic inspections of the build during construction stage, to ensure full compliance with building regulations and BC(A)R.
DFCE successfully delivered their services under time pressure, along with an Technical advisor team appointed by the client, HSE, and the Contractor’s Design & Build Team.
DFCE tasks on the challenging sites included:
- Management and coordination of Inspection Notification Frameworks
- Ongoing inspection for Building Regulation compliance
- Materials & Systems compliance coordination to ensure adherence to the Construction Products Directive
- Auditing designs for Building Regulation compliance
- Ongoing liaison with Building Control Authority
- BCMS applications and lodgements, including:
- 7 Day Notice applications
- Fire Safety Certificate applications
- Disability Access Certificate applications
- Commencement Notice lodgement
- Lodgement and validation of Certificates of Compliance on Completion